Thursday, June 30, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Day 12

Well, I took the car and didn't do my weight training today, but I think I already mentioned that. I did get home and do Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs though, and that went pretty well. The first set of the warmup I felt like I couldn't move, but I noticed that by the end of the third set I was flying on the high knees and felt great! I sweat through the entire stretch, and brought a ton of energy into the actual workout. The first half went great, and the second half went so-so. At that point my legs were pretty dead.

My legs being dead seems to be a theme lately. My quads just feel so tired all of the time, and my knees feel like they have trouble going all of the way from bent to straight, slow or fast. It's lame. Hopefully I get stronger soon. Jumping is killing me!

After Pure Cardio I went straight into Cardio Abs. The first half was just as so-so as the end of my Pure Cardio, but once I got into the C-Sit position I felt excellent again. That's such a unique isometric ab workout, and it really makes you feel excellent at the end. I finished very strong and felt great at the end.

One more day in Week 2, and it's Max Plyo. Just a quick note, this doubles schedule seems pretty ridiculous now that vacation's over, and my legs are really starting to feel the massive amount of cardio I'm doing. I feel like I'm doing just as much cardio as when I did Insanity, but for some reason it feels a lot harder. Plus as great as I feel cardio wise, I don't see the weightloss like I want to. That all said, I'm going to push through one more week and if it turns into a week like this with a modified schedule I'm comfortable with it. Week 4 I am probably going to cut out so I can just start Rushfit the same time I'd originally planned, along with Starting Strength.

As for doing Rushfit and Starting Strength together, it's only 8 weeks, so I'm going to try to do it with that mentality like I did with Insanity. If that doesn't work, I'm putting together a new schedule using the workout DVDs for the 3 days in between Starting Strength.

Anyways, that's a lot of info, but it's been on my mind and I wanted the world to know. That's all I've got. Time to enjoy the evening.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment