Monday, June 20, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Day 2

According to my homemade agenda, today is Max Cardio Conditioning from Insanity. I also had a Cardio Abs workout to make up from yesterday. Fortunately these two usually go back to back in the regular Insanity program, so they're both on the same disc. I'm on vacation this week, so after sitting on my couch for a few hours watching a movie and a cup of coffee I finally hit play around 10:15am. It was just starting to get hot, but it wasn't terrible in the garage.

I forgot how different this one is from Pure Cardio. Yesterday's workout was all about speed, and I kept up really well. That killed my legs for today, and today's is NOT about speed and instead is about endurance. It's 10 minutes longer and focuses much more on deep moves like lunges and squats followed by jumps. There's a few speed sections, but mostly it's endurance.

I did pretty decent on this, to the point where I'd give myself a B+. My endurance wasn't completely there, but like yesterday I'm going to say that this was my best attempt at this workout. I was absolutely soaked by the end, and I think as I blast my cardio in the next few weeks I'm going to get even stronger on this one.

Cardio Abs is one of the best ab routines I've ever done. I feel like Ab Ripper X focuses more on building ab muscles, but this one focuses half on ab muscles and half on blasting fat. If you're like me, building ab muscles does nothing if you have the fat sitting on top, so that's why my vote goes to Cardio Abs. This thing was a little harder than I remembered from a month ago, but I got a nice burst of energy after Max Cardio and had a great beginning of this. My abs felt like I haven't done a traditional ab workout in a while (I haven't - Asylum doesn't have one) so the slow beat up your ab stuff in the second half kind of kicked my ass. I had to take a few more breaks than I remember from a month ago, but I still got a great ab workout and I feel like by next week I'll be able to hang with Shaun and the gang once again.

That's what I've got in the books. Like I said, today's vacation day and I'm feeling crazy enough to do another workout. Also tonight I'm going to see some drum corps (www.dci.org for those who don't know what it is) in the movie theaters followed immediately by Steak N Shake. My nostalgia on this topic aside, there will be a BIG milkshake and double cheeseburger tonight that I have no control over, and an extra blast to the fat section might be necessary just to make some room for this epic meal.

K, time to relax and enjoy the vacation (and do homework). Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment