Sunday, June 5, 2011

Asylum Day 22 - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (Rest Day)

Today is scheduled as a rest day for Asylum. Unfortunately for my muscles (or fortunately depending how you look at it), today is Sunday, and Sundays are a weight training day for me. So today actually turned into Chest, Shoulders & Triceps from P90X.

I originally started my workout with the intention of doing P90X and Supreme 90 Day, but as soon as I got started I realized I was pretty sore from the past few days. It is supposed to be a rest day after all, but I guess that didn't really click to me. So I got a few moves into this and decided that just P90X would be enough today. At that point I upped all of the weight and really focused on moving really slowly. The slower, deeper, heavier movements really gave me a good workout, and the hour of pushing motions flew by.

I'm looking forward to relaxing the rest of the day and actually enjoying this rest day. In retrospect, I probably should have just done a doubles workout tomorrow, but I had the energy and now the weight workout is over. In fact, I only have one doubles day scheduled for the rest of Asylum, and that's on Thursday.

Let's kick this final week into gear. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment