Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Game Day & Overtime

As my limbo/recovery weeks continue, I moved on to Game Day and Overtime from the Asylum today. I mentioned this a week ago, but after doing Asylum for a few weeks it became clear that Game Day is the workout that everything leads up to. Each week is geared with getting better and better, then you take a quick relief day to keep your muscles fresh, and then Game Day. The goal of this program is to always make you as ready for Game Day as possible, because this is the one where you (pretend) to on the other team and you beat them! The only problem with Asylum is that it does not end with this workout. I haven't seen it in a week. As a result, I decided a few days ago that today I was going to do this workout.

My muscles felt fresh from yoga yesterday, and aside from being a little sleepy this morning this turned into a great workout. I'll rarely ever be able to have my absolute best workout in the morning, but today was still one that I'm proud of. It helps that this is a very fun workout too. It's hard, but going from sport to sport to sport makes it very entertaining. I may not do this workout again during my recovery weeks, but I'll definitely try to do it again in the future sometime.

Unlike Game Day, Overtime is not my favorite workout. It just kind of starts with no real purpose other than being hard. Game Day at least pretends to play sports, but this one feels more like Pure Cardio from Insanity. But I did push play right after Game Day on this workout, and it went pretty alright. Not great, but my muscles were pretty achey that point and I'm cool with it. However, I had it in my head to get through all 10 pullups at the very end, and I lost count but I'm pretty sure I got there. I did 3, rested, another 3, rested, and then 4 1's. I think that's right. But they were all strong, no jumping into the pullup, so as dead as I feel now I'm really glad I did them. I did have to skip the pushups that come after the pullups just to get myself enough time to do 10, but I'm comfortable with that.

So that's my workout. I'm still planning out the rest of my week workout wise. If my roommate or girlfriend want to do a workout when I get home from work tonight I'm going to say yes, unless it's a weight workout, and I've decided that Friday I am going to do the Fight Conditioning Workout from Rushfit. As for tomorrow, I'm tossing around yoga; I need a good stretch but don't want a rest day....maybe a cardio disk. I'm not sure. Tomorrow's a weird schedule day at work, so I'll keep you posted.

Ok, time to eat something real quick and then work. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment