Monday, June 13, 2011

Asylum Day 30 - Fit Test(s)

The Asylum is done! I have officially completed 30 days of this amazing program and I feel incredible! And to top it off, I am officially done with my Insanity marathon. I started Insanity in March (I think) and that was supposed to be a 60 day program. It turned out to be 63 days total, and somewhere in there Asylum came out and I decided to add a week of recovery after Insanity and then hopped right into Asylum. That puts it at just around 100 days of Insanity, with doubles two days per week, all wrapped up!

This has been an incredible experience. Insanity is a very difficult program, and it only gets harder as it progresses. Asylum was very different from Insanity. It felt a little shorter, but the workouts were much more complex and the breaks were even fewer. I don't think I could have done Asylum if I hadn't finished Insanity, so I'm glad I did these in the other that I did.

Today is the final day, the Fit Test. If you read my post yesterday, you know the dilemmas I ran into with the fit test, AKA not doing it 30 days ago. So my workout today consisted first of the 25 minute Insanity Fit Test, followed immediately by the 25 minute Asylum Fit Test. My numbers all went up on the Insanity one, and I was sweating pretty good by the end. Then Asylum hit, and I did great on that too. I had no numbers to compare to, but all of the moves I'd done in Asylum already and could hang pretty well with Shaun and the group.

Overall this was a great workout morning. My recovery week starts today, but I think I'm adjusting my plan a little bit. I'm going to do yoga tomorrow to get a good stretch and enjoy the fact that I'm done with these programs. Then on Wednesday, despite being done with Asylum, I want to do Game Day and Overtime. Those are the culmination workouts, and I feel like Asylum should have ended on this program. Hence, I'm officially wrapping up on Wednesday.

After that I'm going to switch between core, light cardio and yoga workouts for the next few days. I'll probably take Saturday off like normal. Mostly, though, my goal is to let my body recover.

Finally, next week my schedule changed a bit. I have the entire week free from work, and I think I'm going to do a fun working out week. I'm tossing around ideas of a lot of martial arts workouts that I have, and I'd like to do a lot of yoga. I'm going to put a basic schedule together, but since I have the free time I'd like to see if I can do a week of all doubles workouts. All cardio though, and all picked from the more fun workouts than hard workouts, but if I could spend a week doing just cardio and stretching I think I'll be ready for the following week, which starts Rushfit and Starting Strength.

Ok, that's all I've got. Time for my Asylum 30 Day pictures, which I may or may not post on here, then work. I'll let you know how yoga goes tomorrow.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment