Sunday, June 19, 2011

3 (or 4) Weeks of Cardio - New Schedule

I meant to post this yesterday, but Saturdays are mighty lazy days, and getting as far as writing a blog just wasn't going to happen. As I said the other day, though, I've put a schedule together to get me through the next few weeks, with a heavy emphasis on cardio. I wrote a few drafts, using the Bas Rutten CD's and some martial arts conditioning workouts on top of Insanity and P90X stuff. After a while I realized I didn't want to do any of the martial arts stuff, and as soon as I scrapped those out I had my schedule pretty much figured out.

Here's what the week looks like for the next few weeks.

Sunday: am - Insanity Upper Body Weight Lifting; pm - Insanity Pure Cardio and Insanity Cardio Abs
Monday: Insanity Max Cardio
Tuesday: am - P90X One on One Core Synergystics MC2; pm - Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit
Wednesday: am - Yoga (either X or MC2); pm - Insanity Core Cardio & Balance
Thursday: am - P90X One on One UBX; pm - Insanity Pure Cardio and Insanity Cardio Abs
Friday: Insanity Max Plyo
Saturday: Rest or Stretch

As you can see, it's very cardio focused. I put in what I felt were the best cardio workouts from Insanity, and kind of followed the P90X Doubles schedule. Instead of working select body parts on my two weight days I am doing all upper body workouts, which is meant to be more of a maintenance thing for the next few weeks than actual building. I wanted cardio on every single day too, which is why Core Cardio & Balance is on the same day as yoga. As for the two Cardio Ab workouts, I haven't worked just my abs in a while and thought this would add just a little more oomph to those two days.

The only problem I have is that I accidentally made this a 4 week program instead of a 3 week one. I counted the weeks wrong and only have 3 weeks until Starting Strength. All of the weeks are the same, so I could just not do the 4th week, but as lame as it sounds I printed out the schedule with the title "4 Weeks of Cardio" and it has 4 weeks printed that I can cross off. That kind of thing would bother me. I might just take out all of the lifting stuff and core stuff in that final week and start Starting Strength then, and then do Rushfit on week 2 of Starting Strength. Well, I have a few weeks to decide.

Quick nutrition note, I've been taking supplements for a while now and feel like my body doesn't use them well anymore. That in mind, until this cardio program is done I'm off almost all of my supplements. I say almost because there's an energy one I take that I might stick to for my morning workouts. As for after workouts, I'm switching to just Shakeology, and pure protein powder after the lifting workouts.

My goal is to lose real fat in the next 3 or 4 weeks. There's a lot of cardio and I feel good about this program. It's aggressive, but it's only for a few weeks. I can do it!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment