Thursday, June 9, 2011

Asylum Day 26: Part 2 - Vertical Plyo

It's over! No more vertical plyo workouts, and I am incredibly pleased with that.

Today was the last time I have this workout in the Asylum schedule, and it is a difficult workout. Insanity Plyo is just like P90X Plyo, except it has no breaks. This, though, is something completely different. It's just brutal. No breaks, but more importantly it's just mean to your legs. It's like all of the same jumps from Insanity Plyo, but most of them you do on one leg.

Aside from the pain this one causes, I will say that I've seen a huge increase in my strength since starting this workout. It's hard and it destroys me still, but the first week I remember being completely stumped on the one legged tuck jumps. It's just like a normal tuck jump, but on one leg. I remember the first week seeing that and thinking "These are going to suck." I was right, but I really remember noticing immediately that I just did not have the strength to do them. I could jump, but tucking the leg just wasn't happening at all. Each week I've gotten stronger at that one exercise, and today, even though it hurt, I did more actual one legged tuck jumps than ever before! So I will say that I've gotten better overall because of this workout.

The whole workout today went very well. I was soaked in sweat, jumped as high and as far as I could, and I pushed. I was tired because this was workout number two today and I'd already worked all day, but I got some energy and wrapped this workout up nicely.

Asylum is really starting to wrap up. Back to Core is first thing in the morning, and that's an awesome workout (and I won't have to do much cardio!).

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment