Thursday, June 23, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Day 5 Part 1

Week 1 continues strong. I woke up this morning pretty late, almost 9:30, and wandered downstairs to some coffee and shakeology. After sitting on the couch staring aimlessly for an hour, I worked my way into the gym and hit play on my second weight lifting routine of the week, UBX from P90X One on One.

UBX stands for Upper Body Extreme, and this was my first time doing this workout. As far as weightlifting routine goes, I liked it a lot more than Upper Body Weightlifting, the one I did on Sunday. It doesn't have as fast of a pace, but it felt like a lot heavier lifting and I enjoyed that. There was a lot of core mixed in too, and most of the pushups are done while holding onto a medicine ball which I've found destroys my chest!

The only thing I didn't like about this workout is that it felt inappropriately titled. This wasn't upper body - it was Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. It's mostly compound exercises that work most of those body parts at once, but it never touched on Back and Biceps. Maybe a little back with some of the shoulder stuff, like the weighted circles, but never biceps. So after it was all over (before the stretch though) I pulled out a few sets of pullups. I did 3x3 chinups and 2x3 on the hammer pullups. It felt like a good way to end this workout.

For breakfast I made some sausage and egg muffins, and I'm putting together a greek chicken salad for dinner. I'm going to run errands during the day, and sometime tonight I have a cardio workout scheduled.

I'll keep you posted how the day goes. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment