Monday, June 27, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Days 8 and 9 (and the wrap-up of EDC)

Today is Day 9, but I did work out on Day 8, Sunday. I never got a chance to blog yesterday because of EDC and me being very tired and having to get moving earlier than I wanted to get there in time. I'll get to that in a moment.

First off, yesterday I was pretty tired from EDC on Friday. I did not go on Saturday to save my energy for Sunday, and with that in mind I decided to only do one workout instead of two. Since I'm sticking to cardio, I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Overall it was a good workout. Not the greatest because of blisters on my feet, but I got a great sweat going and felt like I pushed myself. The Cardio Abs weren't as good, but I got a good workout in and I'm comfortable with that.

I got home from the final night of the show around 4am this morning, so after a nice nap and then sitting on the couch for a good part of the day I hit play around 3:30. Today my feet REALLY hurt and cardio just wasn't going to happen. Needing at least some way of getting my heart going, I decided to do the Upper Body workout from Insanity that I was supposed to do yesterday. I'm pretty exhausted today and only got through the first half of this, but I actually feel pretty good right now. My arms got a good workout and I got my heart-rate up for about 30 minutes, so I'm happy.

My plan for tomorrow is to completely wipe out Core Synergistics since it's longer than an hour and it's my first day back at work (and screwing with my schedule on my first day back to work seems like a poor decision), and I'm going to swap it with the Max Cardio routine I should have done today. However, this is dependent on my blisters being gone in the morning, so I'll keep you posted on that. If I can, though, by tomorrow afternoon I'll be back on schedule with Pure Cardio.

So EDC was an incredible experience. It was much more of a carnival than I thought it was going to be, but the music was incredible and the five stages were all amazing. Friday night we stayed all night and I was exhausted Saturday. That was an excellent recovery day. I was going to go for a few hours Saturday and all night Sunday, but my friends said they were doing the opposite of that. I did not have the energy for two all nighters in a row so I gave my ticket to a friend Saturday night, and Sunday closed out the show nicely. My girlfriend got a ticket for Sunday night too, so that was a fun bonus.

Every night of the show had great DJ's, the stages were the biggest I've ever seen with the best visual setups too, and every night at 2am they did the biggest firework show I've ever seen. One stage even had a giant structure/ceiling thing that surrounded you with colors. There were also light shows and artwork that added to the atmosphere, and even performers driving around big giant butterflies and snakes. The only two requests I'd have for next year would be a significant more amount of artwork and buy some freakin' blacklights. The artwork was great, but there just wasn't enough of it to be fully immersed. You'd be surrounded by a few giant glowing flowers, but if you walked away twenty feet you'd be right back in the concert. As for the blacklights, everyone I saw was covered in things that glow under blacklights. Facepaint, special hair stuff, glow sticks, glow shirts, glow shoes.....everything! We were all expecting blacklights, and I don't even think I saw one. And it's an overnight show, so they had to install lights anyways! Ya, that part made no sense.

But other than that it was an absolutely amazing experience. Thanks to all who shared it with me. Electric Daisy Carnival 2011 Las Vegas was outstanding! I can't wait for 2012!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment