Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Day 11 Part 1

Wow, this doubles schedule with work and coming off of EDC without a true break is finally catching up with me. I got home last night from work and pretty much passed out on the couch. My second cardio workout did not happen, and for once I'm blaming an over-bearing schedule instead of just myself for being lazy.

To add to that, this morning I woke up and did yoga. Well, I wish that's what I could say. I put in Yoga One on One MC2, but after about 20 minutes I decided my body was too sore to even get through this routine. My back was in so much pain that upward dog just wasn't happening at all, and for some reason my left wrist feels terrible so holding poses with that hand were painful.

After 20 minutes I decided this was not a good idea and made the switch to Relief from The Asylum. Even this was very difficult today and I had to take a lot of breaks, but I did manage to get through this workout and my body feels a lot better. Not all of the way there, but better.

I'm reevaluating how much I want to do Week 4 of this program. I may need to retool it, or at least make the doubles workout for each day optional. I feel very very rough this morning and I have a feeling it will only get worse until Saturday finally gets here. I definitely need the extra cardio though, so maybe I shouldn't change anything. I have thinking to do.

That all said, tonight I am still planning on throwing in Core Cardio & Balance from Insanity. I did not get any cardio this morning, so I need this workout. It's also a much easier program than any other workout I have in my own program, so hopefully I can get through it and feel pretty good by the end.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment