Friday, June 17, 2011

Rushfit: Fight Conditioning Workout

I've decided that today is my final day off the beaten path. Not being on a program feels like I don't have any goals. Working out just for the sake of working out has never worked for me, and starting Sunday I will be on my official, home-made new plan. I'll get into some more details on that in a minute.

First, I did workout this morning. I did the Fight Conditioning Workout from Rushfit. I've done this one a few times in the past and talked about it, but just for a reminder this one's a lot like Kenpo X, but on crack. It's broken into five 5 minute rounds, just like a champion fight, and the first round is basically all of Kenpo X broken down and done really fast. After that you get into a lot more fun combos, and round 4 is entirely jiu jitsu ground stuff, except it's been modified to turn into an ab workout. This is easily one of the most fun workouts I own, and I had a pretty great workout today because of that. It's been a good workout morning and I feel great.

Ok, so some more quick notes on the upcoming plan. Tomorrow I'm going to take off, because it's Saturday, but Sunday this whole thing is kicking in. It looks like I have exactly 4 weeks, and I'm going to focus on cardio and martial arts. I've decided that the Rushfit workouts are not going to make it into this program. They are all fun and of the stuff I have in mind there's a workout for each phase, but I'm going to be doing this program for 8 weeks after and I think I want to save all of them for that. Honestly, that's going to make the schedule easier to put together without having to worry about fitting these workouts in.

I know that I want to put yoga back in on Wednesday mornings. I'm almost positive that's going to become a staple for the next four weeks. Also I don't want to do any traditional weight lifting because I'm starting the big weight lifting in four weeks, but I do want to do weights - for those I'm thinking the Upper Body Weight Lifting workout from Insanity (which I've never actually done) and Strength from The Asylum. I'm also thinking I want to get at least one Core workout in there a week, if not two. So it may be 1 weight lifting and 1 core, 2 weight liftings and 1 core, or 2 cores and one weight lifting. I'll let you know.

Another thing I'm thinking is to get the doubles workouts back in. Sundays and Thursdays are probably going to happen, and I've had a fortunate change in schedule that will make Tuesdays possible too. My other priority is that every day (except Wednesday for Yoga and Saturdays which are rest) has at least one cardio component. I am not counting core as cardio either. In fact, that's priority one, and the weight lifting stuff will sit on top of that somewhere as the doubles workouts.

Finally, the last thing I am considering is instead of making a 1 week plan and multiplying that week by 4, I might do 2 different 1 week plans, and then go Week A, Week B, Week A, Week B. I think that makes sense. That last one is going to depend on how the schedule I put together works.

Well, that's all I've got. I was going to list off all of the discs I'm debating throwing into this program, but I'll just do that on my own and let you know what I decide. Expect a 4 week intense cardio/maintenance program in the next 72 hours. This thing starts on Sunday!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment