Thursday, June 9, 2011

Asylum Day 26: Part 1 - Back & Biceps

This morning started off with me grumbling my way downstairs and staring aimlessly at a blank television for 20 minutes. After slowly waking up I got into the gym a little after 6:30 and hit play on Supreme 90 Day's Back & Biceps workout.

For the life of me, I cannot remember if I've done this workout before. Parts of it felt familiar and parts felt completely new. I'll have to go through the blog posts later to find out. But to recap, this is a very decent workout. I'm always impressed with the Supreme 90's....they're a lot tougher than I thought they would be. This one starts out with the normal warmup sequence, followed by an ab section. The ab section was so so, mostly because it didn't feel that unique. After that there's four circuits that each go lower back, upper back, biceps, repeat 3 times. The lower back stuff was pretty different from what I usually work on, and the upper back stuff was similar to my P90X stuff. Those ones I upped my weight and was pleased with the results. The bicep exercises were basically the same as always (how many ways can you really do a bicep curl, right?) and those I used my 20 lb weights and really focused on going slow.

Right now my back feels pretty great and my biceps feel like they got a workout. This was definitely a great little DVD, and I'll definitely do it again, except....


...NO MORE DOUBLES DAYS! Ok, well that's kind of not true. Starting Strength begins in 2 weeks along with Rushfit, and there will actually be three doubles days in that program, but I officially have no more doubles days for the next two weeks AND I have officially finished every doubles day (and weight lifting workout) for my modified mutated hybrid Insanity/Asylum 3 Months of Hell program! I remember setting this program up months ago (even before I knew Asylum would be out in time!) and was debating if I'd have the energy to do just 2 months of the weight lifting on top of Insanity. Here I am after 3 months, and it's all over. And as for weight lifting DVDs, it looks like those are going to be sitting on the sideline for a while. Starting Strength is a completely different program compared to what I'm doing now. No more Chest & Back for three weeks followed by Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. This is pure barbell lifting and I am ready to get some huge Incredible Hulk sized muscles!

Alright, that's all I have the energy to write. It's time to get ready for work, and then Vertical Plyo tonight. Asylum is starting to wrap up!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment