Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Day 3 Part 2

First off, today was an outstanding day. I am loving vacation week (obviously), but mostly I love that I have enough time and energy to work out, take a break, and then jump right into another workout. Having that break is what I don't usually have time for.

Today after working out with Jay, we hung around and made eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast, and then our buddy Anthony came over. The three of us decided to go do a hike, and when we got to Red Rock we actually decided to climb a small mountain. I know that sounds random, but the mountain was just sitting there and we all had the energy and it really wasn't that ridiculous to climb, but oh man it was fun! So after working out, we conquered a mountain!

I got home and was feeling an interesting energy. My whole body hurt, especially my legs, and I knew that if I sat down I'd never get my Insanity workout in. So I bit the bullet and hit play as soon as I walked in from hiking. Today's second workout in my 4 weeks of nonsense is Plyo Cardio Circuit from Insanity. I forgot how good of a workout this is, but wasn't really expecting a walk in the park anyways. I remembered that this was more of a HIIT workout than a pure cardio workout, and I was right about that. It's all 2 minutes of cardio plus 30 seconds of rest, repeat 3x, and then one more set like that. And of course there's a warmup. What was awesome about today is that even with the hiking and the first workout and the legs feeling like garbage, I can still say this was my absolute best Plyo Cardio Circuit workout. I was really strong on the warmup, taking maybe two breaks the whole time and never grabbing a water break until the scheduled one. The circuit themselves were pretty good, even though by the second series I was starting to feel my day.

I was absolutely soaked at the end and felt incredible after a great day of work. This vacation is incredible and my body feels great. I can't wait for my day of yoga and core cardio & balance, and possibly racquetball tomorrow night. I'm even thinking about sticking around at the actual gym after to enjoy the pool and sauna. I'll keep you posted.

Excellent day, and I hope you enjoy this great picture of me climbing today's mountain.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment