Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Off the Beaten Path - Yoga X and Core Synergistics MC2

For the first time in a very long time I am no longer on a scheduled workout program. The next two weeks are all about recovery, cardio and absolute enjoyment from working out. That last part is because when I'm on a program there are plenty of workouts that I do not enjoy. I'm selecting various workouts for the next two weeks that all make me happy I am doing them.

First off, I got home last night and after sitting on the couch for an hour my roommate asked if I was working out. I had no intention of working out, but said sure and we decided to do Core Synergistics: MC2. I actually lost this DVD when it first came out and found it last night right before the workout, so this was the first time I'd done this. Much much harder than the original Core Synergistics, and it's 70 minutes long, but aside from that it was an excellent workout. It's all funky cardio moves done for a short period of time. It actually reminded me a lot of an Insanity workout. Overall I was tired, but this turned into a good workout.

This morning I woke up and was pretty exhausted. I did, however, promise myself that I'd start doing yoga again, specifically starting today. I even wrote it on my Asylum calendar to remind me. So today I woke up, and for the first time in almost 6 months I did Yoga X. I was pleasantly surprised today too. For not doing yoga in 3 months and not doing Yoga X, one of the hardest yoga programs I've ever done, in 6 months, I actually picked up right where I left off. Maybe one or two breaks, but overall I was focused, kept up with the group, and my flexibility was pretty excellent. My breathing wasn't bad either, and overall I'd chalk this up as one of my overall best yoga workouts. The only problem with today was that my work schedule has changed and I have to be at work an hour earlier than I used to on Tuesdays. This meant I could only do half of Yoga X. I did opt for the harder half, but just wanted to document that only 50 minutes of yoga were completed instead of the whole hour and a half.

So that's my story. I'm still planning on Game Day tomorrow, and I'm digging this doubles thing so tonight might be a cardio workout. I'll keep you posted. Two weeks of making up my own routine! Let's have some fun!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment