Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Asylum Day 24 - Strength

After sitting on the couch all day recovering from being sick, I started to feel a ton better around 3pm and at 5:30 I was in the gym! This was a great workout. I lowered the weight a little bit on about half of the exercises because I had been sick for a little while, but that didn't stop me from pushing myself and getting a great pump. It's also finally getting hot outside, and my afternoon/evening workouts are getting me freakin' soaked. I love how much I sweat in my garage this time of year. I started working out in there about a year ago now (not P90X - I bought my first piece of gym equipment in June of 2010), and I remember loving how great of a workout I got at home; the heat and sweat was definitely a contributing factor. I also lost the most weight in this whole process during last Summer, so hopefully this Summer we see the same thing.

This is still one of my favorite workouts in the whole program too. Using weights while doing an Insanity workout is just crazy, but it's an excellent workout if you can handle it. It's full body, it's weight lifting, it's speed and strength mixed together. It's very cool.

I'm thinking the two weeks I'll have between programs once this is over is going to be a long time without lifting weights. I don't want to start any dedicated weight lifting programs in that time, especially since I'm doing Starting Strength pretty soon, so I was thinking that somewhere in the two weeks I'd like to do this workout at least once. There's also an upper body weightlifting workout from Insanity that I've never tried, so I want to try that too. From what I hear it's pretty similar to this. As always, I'll keep you posted about those workouts. I'm still about two weeks away, but I like to document stuff.

Tomorrow is Game Day. This is a weird workout to do before Game Day (and Overtime) but if Shaun thinks I'm ready then I'm ready. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment