Sunday, June 19, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Day 1

So I realize I just posted my schedule, but now I'm going to talk about Day 1 and how I had to modify that schedule. Today is Father's Day. First off, Happy Father's Day to my Dad! He's an awesome guy and I can't wait to spend the afternoon with him.

That said, Father's Day is going to take up WAY too much time in my day, and I'm going to be eating all day. Even if I did get home in time to do a workout, food sitting in my stomach is a bad way to start 4 weeks of cardio! So I decided to drop Cardio Abs from today's routine and combined Upper Body Weightlifting and Pure Cardio.

First off, Upper Body Weightlifting is an awesome workout. I never had a working copy when I did Insanity, and I did my hybrid weight lifting program back then, so when I got a working copy from a friend a few weeks ago I was stoked to try it. This is like a really fast weightlifting workout, with Insanity cardio moves mixed into each series. And it focused on all of the upper body instead of just a certain section. My arms felt excellent by the time this was over.

After that I took a quick break, grabbed some water, and finally hit play on Pure Cardio. I haven't seen this workout in over 2 months, and I was dreading it, especially after coming off another Insanity workout. For some reason I had it in my head that this workout was only 25 minutes, and was surprised to see it was 38. I said oh well and worked hard anyways. And I've gotta say, this was absolutely my best Pure Cardio workout EVER!

I had so much energy during the warmup and pushed through almost the entire thing. As for the actual workout, it was as hard as I remembered, but I had so much more strength and my endurance is through the roof! Finishing Insanity and then doing Asylum must have really got me going strong!

Of course I had to take a few breaks. This workout is absolutely ridiculous. The only thing harder is its Max big brother which I get to do tomorrow. But breaks aside I felt noticeably stronger, took WAY fewer breaks than normal and felt incredible by the time it was over. I am so glad I can handle this workout, and for that I'm really glad I'm doing this workout twice per week for the next few weeks.

As for Cardio Abs, it's too short to do on its own. I think I'll do Insane Abs if I have time tonight, and if not I'll throw this workout in sometime tomorrow.

That's all I've got for today. Happy Father's Day dads of the world!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment