Sunday, June 12, 2011

Asylum Day 29 - Speed & Agility

Today was Speed & Agility from Asylum, and it turned into kind of a crazy workout day. Here's the story...

First off, today is pretty much the last day of Asylum. It's Speed & Agility day, and I blasted through it! It turned into a great workout, and because it was my last official day I pushed as hard as I could. This was noticeably the best I've done on this workout.

Tomorrow is the Asylum Fit Test. Here's the problem with that....I never actually knew there was a fit test for this program, or at least not until I'd already started. So I'm going to do it tomorrow anyways, with no numbers to base it on, and that should be good. The other problem/solution is that I've also not done the Insanity Fit Test since Month 1. I kept having to reschedule it and just never did it. Since tomorrow basically wraps up my entire Insanity 3 months of Hell workout program, I think I'm going to do the Insanity Fit Test first, trying to improve my numbers from two months ago, and then I'll do the Asylum Fit Test after, which should turn into a great workout. I'm also debating doing yoga in the morning and this fit test madness at night, but that's its own story.

So I finished Speed & Agility, and at the end of this workout Shaun T actually says "It's over, but I challenge you to do it again." Well that just wasn't going to happen, but it's the last official day and I did want to push it. I threw in the All Around Fighting CD from Bas Rutten and did five 2 minute rounds. For those who haven't followed, basically Bas calls out combinations and you throw them, either on a bag or in the air. I opted for the air today. He has three of these CDs, boxing, kickboxing and all around fighting, and the latter is noticeably the hardest. After each combo he calls out I'm also supposed to throw a kick, and there's a lot of ground stuff/sprawling, just like an MMA fight. Five rounds was absolutely brutal, and despite being wasted at that point I managed to throw in an awesome extra 10 minutes of working out. Well, 15, but 5 of those were one minute rests.

After that I came inside and relaxed for about five minutes. My girlfriend was debating doing a workout, but she said she didn't want to do her normal P90X workout today. I suggested she do Core Cardio & Balance from Insanity. I don't know why I thought this was an easy workout...it's definitely easier than a normal Insanity workout....but she decided to say yes and me, feeling a little insane today, opted to do this workout with her. I forgot how much cardio was in the first half, but my energy was up and I stuck with it. The second half was pretty strong too, and overall this was a great workout.

The big story though is my girlfriend's progress on this workout. She'd never done an Insanity workout before, and she never stopped! She took a few breaks, but that's totally acceptable. But she did the whole thing, was soaked at the end and she looked like she was in an awesome mood at the end. She definitely took this workout by the horns and owned it! So I just wanted to shout out to her a huge congratulations, because she worked VERY hard today and she rocked it!

K, that's it for my big post. Asylum is pretty much done, but I'll have a recap on the actual Day 30 tomorrow. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment