Thursday, June 23, 2011

4 Weeks of Cardio - Day 5 Part 2

The second workout for today is in the books. It was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs from Insanity. Unfortunately, between workouts today I ate a cheeseburger and sat around for a while, and by the time my workout came at 5pm I was feeling pretty rough. And it was really hot in the garage. But I drank a lot of water and turned on the fan for the warmup and in between workouts and I did pretty well. It wasn't as good as Sunday's Pure Cardio, but it was still up there with my better Pure Cardio workouts from a few months ago.

I will say that after this whole week my body is starting to feel beat up. Next week I'm continuing with the schedule, but won't be doing the hiking/racquetball/additional stuff so I should still be good to finish out this program strong. I'll still need to make some adjustments during Week 4, but we'll get there when we get there.

My only concern for next week is that this weekend is a huge concert. 3 nights of rave music, lights, colors and dancing! I kind of made this week intense so I could build up my endurance for the concert, but I didn't really take into account giving myself a solid rest before it, or what the dancing will do to my body for next week. And I have a workout scheduled Sunday (two actually) and one on Monday, and inbetween those two days is the last night of the concert. I'm willing to be flexible with my schedule a bit, and if I have to sacrifice stuff I'm for sure saving the cardio workouts, but I just wanted to document that I'm thinking ahead. Also I'm freakin' stoked for EDC 2011!

Oh, one more quick thing, last night I played racquetball for an hour and swam for an hour. The swimming was much more play than workout, but racquetball got me sweating pretty well. Just wanted to document the additional workout. This vacation has been so awesome! I've seen drum corps, climbed a mountain, swam, played racquetball, worked out a lot....it's been an awesome gift to my body.

One more workout scheduled for Week 1 and it's Max Plyo! Jay said he may come over in the morning to join me. Good luck if you do Jay; you'll need it!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment