Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Asylum Day 17 - Strength

Wow, this morning I was TIRED! The sun completely knocked me out last night, and I did not sleep well at all despite being totally zonked. I kept waking up and my arm was asleep, which always bugs me, and restless, and my body was starting to hurt from working out so much....ya, 6am came WAY too quick!

But I hit play after grumbling on the couch for 40 minutes, and it was a decent workout. My body was sore and moving slow, so I downed the weight to 10 lbs during the warmup. It let me use a lot more control and I think it was the right decision. The dumbbell series after the stretch was decent but not outstanding...my chest got really worked on the pushups, but I pushed really hard and it made the other exercises a lot weaker.

I got an energy boost around the back section, which turned out alright, and the chest section at the end I got a very decent workout in. My chest doesn't get a whole lot of burn from this part because of the core work going on at the same time, but the core stuff really burned my abs so I'm chalking that up to a win.

Good way to start the day, but man I was TIRED! Friggin' morning workouts.

Oh, quick note. So I'm starting Starting Strength the same time I start Rushfit at the end of June, and that means 3 days a week are doubles days and 3 days are single workout days. I came up with an idea of incorporating three more workouts in the week so I have 6 doubles days. It would use these martial arts strengthening workouts I have along with the Bas Rutten CDs, to add an extra 45 minute workout 3 days per week. I was all gung ho on this yesterday, but as I realize how exhausted I am this morning I realize the need for some slack room to move workouts around, which I have absolutely done in the past. Now I've gotta think about this program, but at least I've documented it.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment