Thursday, May 26, 2011

Asylum Day 12: Part 2 - Back to Core

Another round of Back to Core is complete, and I've gotta say this is slowly turning into one of my favorite workouts. And actually, a lot of the Asylum workouts are turning into favorites...this really is an awesome program. But Back to Core specifically is a workout like nothing I've ever done before, and I'm definitely one for variety!

It starts out with a series of funky jumping jacks designed to work the stomach and back. It's weird, but they really do, especially when you change it up into the doubles sections. No weights at all, doing just funky styles of jumping jacks, and five minutes in the sides of my abs and the middle of my upper back was already starting to feel sore. I'm glad I skipped the additional back workout this morning. I was a little tired during this section and had to take a few breaks, but ya it was a good workout in general so I'm ok with that.

There's some stretching and stuff after that, and some stuff I'm forgetting, but there's a 10 minute section from Hell where you hold your body down in a lunge, but with your back knee bent and just barely not touching the ground, and you do some weird back movements with your arms. Ya, it's pretty lame but it's a killer exercise. Today I did better than ever on that section, and at this point I was really getting my energy up.

It finishes with some hip ups, and those are pretty ridiculous too. I was a lot stronger than the other day on this one, and I mean a lot stronger. That said, the one legged hip ups just aren't happening yet. More room to improve I guess.

So ya, that's my story. I also noticed my arms were moving a lot slower than normal. I don't know if that means my shoulders aren't strong enough today or if my arms have actually gotten heavier. Genuinely, my arms look better than any other time in my life. So ya, both answers make sense. Hmm...who knows.

K, I'm done. This was long. I started using my computer to write the blog instead of my phone, and I'm pretty verbos, so this will probably become a habit on days that I have energy. Expect potentially long blogs in the future.

Tomorrow is Strength, the best workout in this series (aside from Game Day, which is pretty outstanding too).

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment