Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Asylum Day 9 - Vertical Plyo

Last night I got home from work, grumbled about not wanting to work out for about 30 minutes, and finally hit play around 6:30. I drink a pre-workout drink before workouts, and yesterday was definitely one of the reasons why. Even when I don't feel like working out, drinking the drink is easy, and once I've drank it I feel like I have to work out since I have all of the creatine and caffeine and crack cocaine and whatever else they put in those pre-workout drinks running through my body. So ya, that helped get me started yesterday.

It was a decent workout....I'd give it a B-. Nothing outstanding, but decent. I definitely could do a lot more than last week. Speaking of which, before my workout yesterday I read through my blog post from last week's Vertical Plyo, and it sounded like I didn't do too hot. As I went through the workout itself yesterday, I didn't remember any of it! I must have been TIRED that day, because it really felt like a brand new workout last night. On that note, that's probably how the workout would have gone if I'd done it that morning too. Working out in the morning may need to be put on hold for a while. I get a lot less accomplished in my personal life when I workout at night, but it just seems like it needs to be the way to go for a little while, at least on the days I go in to work early.

So ya, decent workout yesterday. Good jumps and a heck of a lot more energy than I thought I'd have. I've gotten so much better at plyo in the last few months. My legs still feel like jello after, but I read somewhere that after Insanity (and now Asylum), the P90X Plyo feels like a break. Honestly, I feel like that would be a very easy workout. I may have to try it again now that I'm stronger.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment