Sunday, May 29, 2011

Asylum Day 15: Part 1 - Chest & Back

I got up this morning, and after a little bit of relaxing and waking up I hit play on Supreme 90 Day Chest & Back. My roommate needed to get a workout in too, so he did this one too. I keep going back and forth on how I feel about this workout. I love the circuit things, but a few dislikes popped into my head today. First off, you can't shut off the music, which bothers me. In fact, the only music option is music only, which is the exact opposite of what I want. But I also don't like that there's the same warmup and cooldown in every workout, which means you're warming up body parts you aren't going to use. And it's only a warmup, no stretch. I like to stretch before the workout. Hmm...

Bitching aside, I got a good workout in. The pace keeps my heart-rate up, and I have heavy enough weights now that I feel pumped at the end. At the end though, Mark pointed out that it just felt really short. It's a good workout, but it ended too quick and he and I both felt like we could have done the whole thing over by the end. It's weird too, because I've counted, and you do just as many sets/reps in this workout as you would on P90X. It's weird.

So basically I want the P90X workout to be a faster pace, but this one I want more sets. Ya, who knows...

Good workout today, and officially I think this is my last Chest & Back workout scheduled for a LONG time. No more are scheduled on this program, and I start Starting Strength which is a completely different weight training routine when I start Rushfit.

One more workout to do, which I just finished, so here comes one more blog post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment