Friday, May 27, 2011

Asylum Day 13 - Strength

Once again the Strength workout has left me battered, bruised and ready for more! I will say though, with Game Day two days ago, me doing two workouts yesterday (one and a half at least...the morning was iffy) and now this, my body feels absolutely destroyed. Fortunately, tomorrow's the stretch day.But as for today, I will give this workout a solid B+ and I'll take it.

The warmup was pretty difficult today. It felt like my legs weren't bending quick enough and my arms felt so unbelievably heavy. I felt like I was moving through quick sand, and it was pretty rough. I took one or two breaks, but mostly I kept a steady pace. I never ended with as many reps as the rest of the group, but my form was good.

After the warmups, the cardio dumbbell routine was interesting today. I felt pretty good about the first series, but that took some wind out of me and the second one was only pretty decent instead of great. The third one I'll be honest, I did not do the mountain climbers and stuck to the level 2 motion for the pushup dumbbell things. Those are really tough. Holding two kettlebells and doing pushups really works the chest more than I ever thought it would, and it still hurts right now as I write this!

The back stuff was pretty good and the chest stuff at the end was about the same. At this point I feel like I have this workout down, but my body was pretty battered up today and it showed. Tomorrow is Relief, which I'm very excited is really just another word for a 25 minute stretch! I actually get a day off tomorrow, and I'm stoked about it. Then right back into things on Sunday.

Oh, a quick shout out. There's some amateur fights tonight put on by Tuff N Uff, and they always put on an awesome show. There will also be awesome percussion music played by the Vegas Vanguard, and that just kind of tops tonight off as epic. I'm a pretty big MMA fan, and I used to be really into marching band, so long story short I'm very excited for tonight. And I support local businesses, especially in the entertainment industry. This town rocks!


Alright, that's all I've got. Time for ten more minutes of sitting on my couch, then it's time to get ready for work.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment