Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aslyum Day 11 - Game Day

It's Game Day! Ha, I love Asylum. The whole focus is on sports training, and today was summing it all up. Game Day simulates a heck of a lot of different sports, acting like you've been training for this game day for the last two weeks. This is even why yesterday was the Relief day...."Coach" (Shaun T) wants us feeling really great going into the big game.

First off, I've gotta make one complaint. I don't work out with my glasses on, so it's hard to see the clock, and for some reason in Asylum the clock is especially hard to read. Long story short, when this thing started I thought it was only 45 minutes like everything else. I did NOT realize it was over an hour, and ya, I was pretty spent by the time the whole thing was over.

Ok, complaining is done. This really is an outstanding workout. After a quick warmup and stretch, it starts with the "mile run". I don't think I really ran a mile, but it reminded me of the treadmill long distance runs. You sprint with high knees for a minute, then you go "up hill" for a minute by simulating slower, bigger strides, then you sprint "downhill" by simulating a lot smaller, faster steps, and it keeps going like that. That part definitely got me going.

Other sports that were hit were basketball, tennis, wrestling (the wrestling section was pretty brutal), rock climbing (hello pullups!), swimming and baseball. I think that's it...might be forgetting some stuff. Football was in there too I think. But anyways, you spend about 5 minutes running drills on these sports, and before you know it an hour has gone by and you're covered in sweat and I think Team Asylum won the game. No one was clear on the score, but ya, I think we kicked the other team's ass.

Excellent workout, and I'm looking forward to getting better at this one. Next time I do this we're going into overtime afterwards (it's a second workout that comes after), so ya, it's time to get stronger in the next week and a half.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment