Sunday, May 22, 2011

Asylum Day 7 - Strength

Alright, I'm a day late posting this (it's Sunday at the moment), but I wanted to document that I did the Strength workout from Asylum yesterday. Yup, I worked out on a Saturday. Good thing it was this workout, because it's my favorite one so far from this series. I did a heck of a lot better than the last time I did it too. The pushups while holding dumbbells (in my case kettlebells) went a lot better. It's a combination of strength and balance, and both are getting better. The actual running on the ground and doing the spider walks while holding the kettlebells, though, is still trickier. I kept up as best I could, but I was generally doing 6 reps instead of 8 on those series.

I don't know why, but doing an Insanity style workout while using weights is a really intriguing idea. Like Shaun T says, imagine if you can be fast AND strong! It's a dangerous combination.

So ya, that was my Saturday. It was pretty awesome.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment