Thursday, May 26, 2011

Asylum Day 12: Part 1 - Biceps

Boo! That was a terrible workout! Boo!

Ok, that was dramatic, but I wanted to get that out of my system. Today's one of the doubles days, and I was scheduled to do Back & Biceps this morning. For a few reasons, I did not sleep well last night/this morning and felt absolutely zombie-like. I stumbled into the kitchen, stumbled to poor myself a pre-workout drink and some coffee, stumbled to the couch, and stumbled into a half nap half staring at the TV situation. There was a lot of stumbling. But somewhere in there I decided to hit play around 6:30.....

I popped in Back & Biceps from Supreme 90 Day. The beginning is fuzzy. I was still half asleep. Somewhere around 10 minutes into it, after the warmup had been completed and the ab section was in full go (all of these workouts start with abs before the weight training starts), I realized that I'd done maybe 10 jumping jacks, a few situps and other than that was just wandering around my garage. It was a pretty bad realization. I looked at the schedule for tonight too, and realized I have another back workout tonight. It's Back to Core. With all of that in mind, I said "screw it" and turned the DVD off.

I promised myself I'd do some workout this morning, especially since I'd already taken the pre-workout drink, so I hit the weights myself and worked my biceps. I left back out since I'll be hitting that tonight, and tomorrow with Strength apparently. I did some basic barbell curls, one arm curls, 3 sets of 21's, some curls on the Tower 200 and attempted a few pullups. The pullups at the end were the most difficult, and I struggled through 3 sets of 3 reps.

So ya, pretty crappy workout, but my biceps do feel like they got a workout. I've got another 10 minutes of couch time before I have to get ready for the office, so I'm going to sit and continue to stare blankly at the TV. See you tonight gym!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment