Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day: 87, P90X Kenpo X


WorkoutP90X Kenpo X
Status: Completed
The final Kenpo X of my life is done! I woke up early, had a protein shake, threw on the boxing gloves and got to work. I still hate the stretch section on this disc, but once the punching starts I always get into it. I hit the bag as hard as I could because I knew I wouldn't see Kenpo X again, and I tried out a lot of the stuff from the Machida-Do DVD from the other day. Mostly stance and movement stuff, but it really adds more to work on in this DVD. I also switched a few things up so I could hit the bag more. I switched the back kicks with roundhouse kicks again, and I also switched the side kicks with a side kick from a front position. Basically I would pivot my whole body from straight to side while I chambered the kick, and then I was ready to hit the bag with the side kick. I got that from the Machida DVD. Very cool, and again it added something new. I dig it.

I say this is the last time I ever do Kenpo X because I've found a few workouts that I think are better. I wanted to do it as part of this round of P90X, but I don't think I'll ever do this program verbatim again. Next is Insanity, then GSP Rushfit, then either another program called ESP-XC (look it up....it's awesome) or develop my own program. If I do the last idea, it'll be the P90X schedule, but switching the discs for harder ones I've found (ie Insanity Plyo instead of Plyo X). I already like one of the GSP Rushfit DVDs more than Kenpo X, and expect to find some even more intense DVDs on the way, so this is probably it for kenpo. It's a good start, but I've outgrown it and I'm ready to move on. Kenpo X, thanks for everything you've given me over the last 6 months (holy crap, it's already been 6 months?!).

Three workouts left in this round. One stretch, one core and one yoga. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment