Monday, March 7, 2011

Day: 2, Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit


WorkoutInsanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Status: Completed
Oh man! I have finally started Insanity, with a real workout (not the fit test) and my first reaction is that I have not been lied to. Insanity is very appropriately named, and that was the hardest workout DVD I've ever done.

Plyometric cardio circuit starts out with a warm up. At first it felt just like a slightly harder P90X workout. Then when we reached the finish point, when I stopped and went to grab water and thought "This isn't so bad. I can do this fine" Shaun T says again. I didn't even know what he wanted again....turns out the entire warm up! This time it was faster too! So I did it and felt drained after, and then we did it again WAY fast! That's just the warm up; P90X, 3 times, on crack. Yup.

The workout itself is the exact same way. The first four workouts are pretty similar to Plyo X, except the breaks between moves is gone and the emphasis was on being fast. And again, we did the set 3 times. I did my best, but I have a long ways to go. Also, the second half uses a lot of jump down into pushups, and aside from my chest hurting from yesterday my floor kept falling apart! I have those puzzle foam mats in the garage, so I may need to find an alternative.

My cardio has a ways to go, as does my endurance. That said, I still came out of this workout completely soaked, and there's not a doubt in my mind that I got a good workout. The saving grace is that it's a lot shorter. This workout was about 45 minutes, and since I'm so used to one hour or more, I didn't feel that intimidated throughout the whole thing.

Insanity has begun. The next 60 days will be very interesting. Dig Deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment