Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day: 8, Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance


WorkoutInsanity Cardio Power & Resistance
Status: Completed
You'll be reading these out of order, but the app I use to write this blog uses the first workout listed as the title, and the Insanity workout deserves the title for the next few weeks.

My final workout of the day was Cardio Power & Resistance. This is the second time I've done this workout, and so far I've decided it's my favorite. The cardio isn't terrible to keep up with, but definitely works me like crazy. I like the body weight exercises in here too.

I had a little trouble keeping up with the warmup, partly because I was still recovering from my chest and back workout. I had drank a lot of water in between workouts too, and I felt that sloshing around in my stomach. But once I got past the stretch and got into the workout I felt like I kept up with the group pretty well. I definitely took breaks, but overall I was hanging in there. Maybe there will be a day that I can do this whole workout with stopping. We'll see.

Week 2 has begun! I'm getting stronger and feeling amazing right now. Tomorrow I get up early for the dreaded return of Pure Cardio. Wish me luck, but I think I'm ready. Dig deep!

WorkoutP90X Chest and Back
Status: Completed
It's Sunday, one of my two doubles days. Last night we pulled an all nighter playing Halo, and there was a time change. Long story short, I'm coming off of a night of little sleep and a lot of junk food. Getting started was really hard, and I felt pretty drained through this workout. Even so, I pushed through and had a pretty solid chest & back workout. I definitely feel worked right now.

Bring it!

WorkoutSupreme 90 Day Chest and Back
Status: Completed
I added in the Supreme 90 Day Chest & Back workout today too. For some reason, even though I was exhausted during the P90X workout I actually got through this one really well. It's another circuit set of one chest and one back, repeat 3 times, and there's four sets of those types of circuits. There was some really different stuff from my other workouts in here and I really think I hit some new muscle areas. I also like the all the chest stuff isn't just pushups. There's some fly stuff in there too, which is great!

I'm done with the muscle stuff, but I still have Insanity to do. I'm on break now, and working out in 2 or 3 hours. You'll read these out of order, but that's how it goes. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment