Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day: 5, Insanity Pure Cardio


WorkoutInsanity Pure Cardio
Status: Completed
This is after work, just for the record. Read the whole blog....you'll get that comment.

Wow. That was the hardest home workout I have ever done. That was one of the hardest workouts I have ever done, and back when I was 20 in drum corps, we did some hard workouts. It was like a really hard Insanity workout, and Shaun T just decided not to do any breaks. None! And everything was a minute instead of 30 seconds. I had an amazing workout today!

The normal warmup and stretch starts this one, and I was actually feeling a little gassed in the second set. I was dizzy all day in fact; I think I need to eat more on my heavy lifting morning days, which was today. But my energy started to rise during the stretch, and the first half of the actual workout I really brought it. I was soaked, and it was hard but I got through most of it. Lots of breaks, and around the third move my legs started to feel like jello, but it was good.

The second half was not so good. I know Shaun T says to not sacrifice form, but it was either that or stop, and I really didn't want to stop. I definitely slowed down though, which made form a lot better. Basically though the second half I was just a lifeless dummy going through the motions trying to survive.

Very difficult workout, and I laughed when everyone after the workout is completely silent. Not a word. That's exactly how I felt. I'm pretty sure I do this with cardio abs next week....THAT will be bananas!

One more day in Week 1, and I get to revisit plyo cardio circuit. Let's see if I've improved this week. Dig Deep!

WorkoutP90X Shoulders & Arms
Status: Completed
I got up at 5:30 today, had a no-xplode and went to work on shoulders & arms. Thursdays are my second doubles day of the week, and this is where I'm going to keep my strength and maybe build on my size too.

I haven't seen this workout since Round 1 of P90X, since I did mc2 last time, and I forgot how good of a workout this is. The shoulders get rocked and my biceps were on fire! For some reason I feel like the triceps almost get a break in this routine though, but I still managed to bring it. I focused on upping the weight and doing fewer reps today, and my arms feel great right now! Bring it!

WorkoutSupreme 90 Day Shoulders & Arms
Status: Completed
I picked up Supreme 90 Day a few weeks ago at Walgreens. It's a knockoff of P90X, but at $20 I figured I'd check it out. It's definitely not P90X, but it has slightly shorter versions of all of the resistance workouts, and since I'm trying to build strength I threw in their shoulders and arms workout after P90X today. It's a lot faster paced, slightly easier workouts, but it focuses on circuit training. It's shoulders, bi's, tri's, repeat 3 times, then rest. No breaks in between. 4 total sets of those circuits, and that's the workout. It was actually a great thing to follow up my heavy duty shoulders and arms workout, and at half an hour it's real easy to keep doing. I think I'll stick to adding in these resistance workouts in the future.

You'll read these out of order, but it's time for work, then I come home for Insanity! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment