Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day: 12, Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance


WorkoutInsanity Cardio Power & Resistance
Status: Completed
Ya! I just destroyed cardio power and resistance! That was a great workout and this is definitely my favorite Insanity workout so far. I started with a really solid warmup. I took a few less breaks than normal, but the big improvement was today was that the breaks were noticeably shorter. Usually I'd skip a rep, maybe 1 second, and hopped right back into it. The warmup is getting more and more realistic, which is great.

The actual workout I brought the same intensity. The first set I only took one or two breaks each, and those were always towards the end. The second half I was starting to get drained, and those globe jumps destroy me. I'm determined to someday get better at those.

My triceps were pretty dead from my workout this morning. That made the tricep dip stuff in the middle really hard. That aside, the pike presses (v pushups) in the beginning were really strong. Combined with my workout this morning on shoulders and my absolute love of pike presses (they're awesome....it's a pushup for your shoulders!) my shoulders feel amazing right now. And even though I was tired, I really rocked out the 8 pushup 8 jump things at the very end.

One more day in Week 2, and I'm finally going to try cardio abs. Cardio abs after pure cardio.....yup. Tomorrow morning will be interesting. Dig deep!

WorkoutP90X Shoulders & Arms
Status: Completed
It's a doubles day, so I woke up early and did shoulders and arms. For some reason I was exhausted (again) and my weight numbers dropped a little bit. I pushed the 30 lbs for the shoulders, but by the end my arms felt destroyed.

Despite being tired, this was a good workout. Not too much to say about it, but I'm glad I did it. Bring it!

WorkoutSupreme 90 Day Shoulders & Arms
Status: Completed
Like last week I threw in the Supreme 90 Day shoulders and arms workout. For some reason though, I ran out of time to finish it. I checked the clock after the third circuit, and I was already 5 minutes later than I prefer to be done with the workout. Usually I come in under time. I hit stop at that point, gave myself a cooldown and stretch and called it good. I'm glad this happened though; even though it wasn't a bad workout at all, after P90X and just being tired in general I was ready to call it quits today.

Good workout, but I need to double check I'll have time for both of these next week. Waking up at 5:30 cannot become my normal routine....it destroys me! 6am is hard enough.

Again you'll read these out of order, but Insanity Resistance tonight! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment