Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day: 3, Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance


WorkoutInsanity Cardio Power & Resistance
Status: Completed
Oi, I feel so sore today! I don't remember being this sore after plyo the first time, and I definitely remember being really sore back then. My legs hurt all day yesterday, and they hurt just as bad when I woke up this morning.

I did a few stretches, had a pre workout drink and hit play. The warmup started out really painfully, but by the second set I actually felt really good. By the end of the warmup I was soaked. I also was able to push through a little harder when I saw that this whole workout was under 40 minutes. I was even more surprised when after the warmup and stretch there were only 25 minutes left.

The routine itself was a lot like yesterday's. More resistance stuff, and I love that there's pike presses (v pushups) in here. Basic 4 sets of exercises, 30-45 seconds each, with 30 second breaks after you do all 4. 3 sets of that and then move on to more stuff.

For some reason I felt like this was easier than yesterday. Not easy, just easier. I had a little more energy at the end than I thought, so I'm crediting that to my fitness level on resistance stuff. My cardio still needs work, but after P90X my muscles can hold their own.

Speaking of P90X, I don't understand how anyone could do Insanity without doing P90X or something before. This is brutal. Really brutal. I think I've come a long way in fitness in the last six months, and I struggle like crazy through these workouts. If I started with Insanity I'd have either given up or ended up in a coma. So I definitely recommend the way I've been doing it. Insanity is nuts, so don't kill yourselves folks!

Day 3 is in the books! Looking forward to the recovery day tomorrow (which from what I hear is just as hard as any other day). Wish me luck! Dig Deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment