Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wow, what happened the last few weeks?

Ok, I haven't posted in 2 weeks! Wow, I didn't realize it was that long until I logged in today. Let's do a recap.

The Friday and Monday after I last posted I did more lifting with Starting Strength. I don't remember my numbers, but they were average.

All of last week I was in Walt Disney World for my best friend's wedding. It was an awesome trip. However, I need to get my cardio going again. We walked about 4 miles a day, and by day 3 my feet and legs HURT! It was a rough week for that reason.

I got back from the trip on Monday and got home just in time for lifting. This is the week that I started doing 5x5 instead of 3x5, and wow it's really a difference! I started with squats, 5x5 at 155. I dropped weight to get there, but my squats were really low and I feel like the 5 sets made a world of difference. After that I did Romanian Deadlifts, 5x5 at 45 lbs. I'm really liking these, since they're working muscles that really need to get worked. I'm repeating 45 next week before I move up.

Bench was next and I did 5x5 at 155. This felt a tiny bit light, but it was a good place to start. My chest has been feeling excellent (in pain) ever since, so I know I did good work. I'm going to add 5 lbs on Friday.

Chinups were last and I did 2x6, 1x5 and 2x4. 5 sets is going to be difficult with these, especially since I took the kips out, but they're going to be so much better for me so I'm excited.

I finished with a very quick ab workout and went to dinner because I had not eaten the entire day (it was a long plane ride).

So here's where I'm at. Tonight is Starting Strength, and again on Friday. Sunday I begin Insanity again and this time I'm going to make it work great! Starting Sunday my diet will consist of 2 vegetable juices per day (one for breakfast and one for lunch), a protein shake (powder and water), a few raw fruits and nuts to get me through the day (mostly fruit) and lean protein with a veggie at night. Maybe some light carbs too. I am officially cutting out dairy as of Sunday too. This will be the hardest part because I love cream sauces and I love cheese. But it's only 60 days. After that I might ease back into dairy, but for the moment this is the plan.

So that's where I'm at. Sunday everything kicks into high gear! Also Monday I start a new job that I'm pretty excited about. More info on that as it gets closer.

Lifting tonight! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment