Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day: 4, Calories: 0, Insanity Cardio Recovery


WorkoutInsanity Cardio Recovery
Status: Completed

Well, I forgot about this workout. It's really not my favorite at all. It's basically what you'd imagine to get if you asked a former track star to lead a stretch. The whole consists of a stretch, which somehow turns into a cardio exercise or an endurance exercise (a lot of isometric stuff), and right as your about to break a sweat it goes back into stretch. It felt good to stretch, but I feel like I never get enough of a stretch from this workout.

That all said, this is one of the harder workouts in the program. The isometric stuff is hard (like holding the squat), and especially since this is the middle of the week, meaning my legs are sore from all of the Insanity from the past few days, it's a really difficult workout. I had to take more breaks than usual today which I didn't like.

So it's not a stretch, but it is. And it's definitely a hard workout. I will say that after the workout and right now my legs feel better than they've felt all week, so I guess it worked.

I think I'm going to try and get another actual stretch in before tonight's Starting Strength. I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way, I haven't confirmed this on the calendar, but I'm pretty sure tomorrow is Pure Cardio, the absolute hardest disc in Insanity. Wish me luck!

Bring it!

3 comments:

  1. I hate the recovery days! Is it bad i don't do them? :/ I usually do an ab workout instead...when I first started I did the recovery twice, but not now. :)
    Have you done the month 2 workouts? max plyo is the hardest workout I think in the entire set...along with max cardio circuit! :) good job pushing play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I definitely think Pure Cardio is the worst. The Max workouts are hard, definitely harder than the regulars, but Max Cardio at least has recovery exercises, where as Pure Cardio just goes until it's over. No other workout in the series does that.

    Sigh. And that's tomorrow for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! :) think positive!!! :)

    ReplyDelete