Thursday, November 3, 2011

More Starting Strength

Alright, we're deep in Week 17 and last night we added the 5x5 to shoulder press too. Here's how it went down.

We started with squats. I did 5x5 at 160. My legs were still feeling rough from Monday (which means the 5x5 is keeping my muscles in pain...that's a good thing) so this felt really heavy. I did well, but I'm going to repeat this on Friday before moving on.

Shoulder press was next. I started with 110 and did 3x5 and 1x4. This was really feeling heavy, especially since I hadn't done shoulder press in almost two weeks, so the final set I did 105. Unfortunately I only got 4 reps. I'll be starting with 105 on Monday to do all 5 sets.

I have decided I don't like the upright rows and opted out of them. I did a little extra shoulder work on the machines, and then got into deadlift. It'd been a while, so I did 185 lbs for 1x5. I completed it, but again it felt heavy (the legs being tired didn't help). I'm debating adding 5 lbs next week just to move up. We'll see.

We finished with ab ripper, and man oh man was it ever hard! But we did it, and as always I got through all 50 mason twists (barely). The rest I had to take some breaks though.

So that's yesterday. I'm debating light cardio tonight, but it'll probably end up being sushi instead. Just a few more days until I start Insanity again!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment