Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day: 1, Calories: 0, Insanity Fit Test


Log EntryDaily Note:
It's time to begin Insanity once again. I'm excited to use my old Bring It app which has the whole schedule saved for me on my phone and this handy update the blog feature. And there's the cool little graphics you see on the left there. Good stuff.

First off, Friday we did Starting Strength. I was going out to celebrate with some friends about my last day at the office, so we got started early, like around 5. Not everyone could make it that early, and I felt bad about that, but those who made it still got a good workout and I got out of the gym early.

Squats I did 5x5 at 160. They felt good and I think I'm going to add 5 lbs on Monday. Bench was next and I completed 5x5 at 160. This felt heavy, so even though I finished it I'm going to repeat it on Wednesday. Pullups were last. I hadnt done pullups in 2 weeks and my numbers were pretty low. All 5 sets were 5 or less reps. But it still felt good to rep them out.

We skipped abs and that was that. No more skipping abs though. We decided that starting Monday we are doing ab ripper after every workout.

Now its Sunday and time to begin Insanity. I'm eating clean starting today (I've been eating well for the last two months, but today I cut out dairy completely and making a few more modifications to the diet). 60 days from now...I can do it!

WorkoutInsanity Fit Test
Status: Completed
Wow, welcome back Insanity. I was not prepared for you at all! The fit test was today, and it was more difficult than I remembered. I got started around 9am today (today is daylight savings time so it felt like 10) and went into the gym. I got through the warmup with no breaks (today is the easiest warmup in the program) and then went into the moves. My numbers pretty much all went down from the last time I did this, but last time was my last day of Insanity. I didn't actually have my very first original numbers, but I'm pretty sure today's numbers were higher than those.

Overall I'm still in decent shape, but not where I was when I finishes Insanity 4 months ago. My strength is doing well, but cardio is pretty much gone. And allergies have been acting up, and it's cold in the garage, so breathing was difficult. But these are not excuses; they are challenges. This time I'm going to do it all correctly. 60 days with good cardio, weight lifting (starting strength) and eating very clean. Let's do it!

Time to make a veggie juice. Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It's Christina from Facebook. =) I love that your doing this, and am going to follow along! I'm almost done with my second round, so I'll be here to help motivate and support you! :)

    ReplyDelete