Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day: 8, Calories: 0, Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance


Log EntryDaily Note:
Alright, I'm writing this Monday even though it says Sunday. I cheated. I threw a quick blog post in here and decided to actually write the real thing today (Monday). That's beside the point.

First off, Friday night we did Starting Strength. It was a great lifting day for me! We did the usual warmup/stretch/screwing around the gym thing, and then got into squats. I moved up 5 lbs (I think it was 170) and I was really pleased with the squats. I'll be adding 5 lbs to that on Monday (today).

Shoulder press was next and I wrapped up 110 pretty nicely. It was weird, since this is where I started when I moved to 5 sets and couldn't finish this. This time it really wasn't a struggle. Good form and everything. No bouncing. It was nice. So I'll be moving up to 115 on Wednesday.

I finished with pullups and did 5x5. The last two sets were iffy on the last two reps, but overall they were good. I'm really trying to get the kips out of these, and as hard as that is the benefits are amazing.

Ab Ripper closed the night and it was a good ab ripper day. 50 mason twists as always, and more importantly this is the first time we did an entire week of ab ripper! Great job team!

So that was Friday. The rest of the weekend I ate very poorly. There's info on that in the next post (see the actual Monday post). However, I am back on the wagon today and feeling great!

Also on Sunday I did Cardio Power & Resistance from Insanity. Here's how that went...

WorkoutInsanity Cardio Power & Resistance
Status: Completed
Good workout. This is one of my favorites from month one. Partly because it's not as cardio heavy as the others (I hate cardio) but mostly because this is the muscle building one in the first month. It's all body weight exercises, and I believe that a physically fit person should be able to lift their body from any position. This is perfect.

I toned down the squat stuff a little so I wouldn't hurt my legs anymore, which kept my heartrate up (less breaks). I think I'll be doing that in most of the workouts from now on. My quads are getting worked in squats in SS, and my goal with Insanity is cardio anyways. However, this workout I still worked my shoulders and chest a lot with all of the pushups (V-Pushups for shoulders).

Overall it was a great workout, though nutrition for the day could have been better which would have made this easier. Oh well, it's over and I'm moving forward. Week 2 has begun and I'm making progress!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment