Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day: 5, Calories: 0, Insanity Pure Cardio


Log EntryDaily Note:
Last night we got a late start, but we did starting strength. I moved up 5 lbs on squats and they felt good (even though my quads are dying today) so I'm planning on adding another 5 tomorrow.

Bench did not go as well. I was on 160 and the first four sets were fine, but the last one I couldn't get the fifth rep. Im guessing the pushups from Insanity are a factor, but either way I'm going to repeat this on Monday.

We finished with dead lifts. I did 190. It felt heavy but I did it. I'll repeat next week before I move up.

After that we did ab ripper. I didn't eat enough yesterday and got dizzy towards the end. I skipped the leg climbs and mason twists, but I'm still happy with the workout.

It's week 18 for SS and it's almost over. Crazy.

That was last night. This morning I woke up for Pure Cardio, and here's how that went...

WorkoutInsanity Pure Cardio
Status: Completed
Well, it wasn't as bad as I remember. That said, my quads were killing me from squats last night and there was a lot that I physically wasn't able to do in this workout. Anything with a squat felt like a knife was going through my leg!

I made it through most of the warmup, but surprisingly the Heismans got me. This is when I noticed the quads were hurting. That was really the only time I had to take a break during the warmup, but I did it all three times.

After that the stretch went alright, and the workout was good but not great. The thing with squats or jumps (which is about half of the workout) I did a few, took a break and then modified. I did a lot of jogging in place, but power jacks turned into regular jumping jacks, so not everything was just jogging.

Overall I'd say I did ok but not much better than that. Hopefully next week my quads will be used to Insanity and Starting Strength so I can do better on this DVD.

One more day in week 1. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment