Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day: 11, Calories: 0, Insanity Cardio Recovery


WorkoutInsanity Cardio Recovery
Status: Not Complete
Alright, I'm just going to say it, I did not do today's recovery workout. There were many reasons why this happened, so I'll give you the lowdown.

First off, I had a paper for school to write, and I got up at 6 as usual to write it. That took up the morning. Then I got stuck at the office much later than usual, which also meant traffic had gotten worse. Then I had to go to the grocery store to get stuff to juice with. Then I got home and realized I don't like this workout very much, and then it was time for starting strength.

So those are my excuses. But I did do SS, and it was a good day. I somehow squared 175 without realizing it, but it felt heavy and I decided to repeat this weight. I had really good form and completed 5x5. I actually think I'm going to repeat this on Friday too.

Shoulder press was next and I did 5x5 at 115. I completed the whole thing, but the last two sets were really heavy. Also my right shoulder popped really weird (I felt it in my neck!) and it wasn't the good kind of pop either. But I did it, so that's awesome. I'll repeat that on Monday.

Deadlift closed the lifting and I got 190 done pretty well. It felt heavy but definitely doable. I'm going to repeat next week. On that note, this is the third time in a row where I did a weight, it was heavy, repeated and then moved up. It's a good cycle, and I'm slowly increasing the max lift. I like it.

We finished with the usual ab ripper and that was that.

Insanity tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll do the actual workouts. The recovery though...hmmm.....

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment