Friday, November 18, 2011

Day: 13, Calories: 0, Insanity Cardio Recovery


WorkoutInsanity Pure Cardio
Status: Completed
I got into Pure Cardio this morning a little after 6:30. For some reason I didn't sleep too well. My arm fell asleep in the middle of the night and that freaked me out, and midway through the night through the morning my legs have been hurting a lot. I think they just aren't used to all of the motion I've been putting them through. Hopefully by next week my body will be used to the work.

So it took me a few minutes to get really into it today. I still have trouble doing anything with my quads above my waist so I modified as usual. When the actual workout started I was feeling a lot better, I zoned out and I pushed through a pretty great workout.

For some reason I didn't sweat very much today. I suppose I can chalk it up to the cold in the gym, and possibly from modifying, but lack of sweat aside I can definitely say I got a good workout. My body felt excellent afterwards.

When it was over I decided to skip the cool down and stretch because Cardio Abs was next, and I don't like cooling down just to get started again.

WorkoutInsanity Cardio Abs
Status: Completed
Cardio Abs was next, and overall it went pretty well. I didn't do the jumps in the beginning because of the quads (eventually I'll have to suck it up and do them) but I did keep moving. The rest of it, the ground stuff, I felt stronger than usual and got a pretty decent ab workout.

Overall it was a good workout day. I still have Starting Strength tonight.

By the way, I looked in the mirror today and I'm noticing a light difference in my stomach size. I still have a huge belly that needs to go away, but the chest looks smaller and the top of the stomach is starting to flatten out.

This weekend I'm planning on sticking to the diet pretty well, unlike last weekend's pizza and wings fest.

One more note, I've decided that I'm going to start training at Tapout. It's an MMA gym that my roommate and my friend both train at. I'm still working out a schedule and plan to do at least one of these: Muay Thai, Judo and Jiu Jitsu. I say plan on one because I'd like to do all three, but I've gotta see what my body can take and what my schedule will allow. I'm still planning on doing Insanity in the mornings and SS on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but I definitely have time to do at least 2 workouts a week and my ultimate goal is to do 6.

I'll keep you posted how that goes. I'm signing up a week from Monday.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment