Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wednesday's Workout

We did more Starting Strength last night. I wasn't feeling 100% for some reason (I'd been playing video games for most of the afternoon and getting off the couch sounded super lame) so that impacted me. Here's how it went down.

The 200 lb squats have been pissing me off, so I opted for 195 instead. I did 3x5 and they felt pretty good.

Shoulder press was next. I did 1x5 at 120, and somewhere in there I tweaked my neck the wrong way. I dropped down to 115 and did 3 reps, but after that I realized my neck was too sore and I called it quits on those. I like shoulder press a lot and didn't want to stop, but hurting myself is something I do not want to do.

I did upright rows after that. I did 1x5 at 70 lbs, which was 5 lbs more than last week. My neck really hurt from those too, so I decided to do 2 more sets at 65 lbs. I like these a lot, but ya, if my neck hurts there's no reason to push it.

We finished with deadlift and I did 195 lbs. I am so proud of the progress I've made on deadlifts since changing the form and dropping weight. Eventually these are going to get back up there!

My neck was really starting to hurt so we skipped abs and called it good. We'll do Ab Ripper on Friday to make up for it.

Next week I won't get to do deadlift because of the vacation, so hopefully the week after I'll still be able to do 195. Also that week I start my 5x5 sets. I'm getting really excited about these. A few weeks ago I was talking about owning a weight before I move up, and I never really saw that all the way through. I'm thinking with 5x5 instead of 3x5, if I can do 5 sets I will definitely own a weight and can move up. I'm really excited!

Also, the Sunday after that is when I'm starting Insanity again and I'm pumped for that too. My diet is great lately and I just need more cardio. Insanity will get me there.

So one random thing, I'm following a new blog now called Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit. Basically this ridiculously ripped personal trainer started an experiment in May. He stopped working out and started eating all of the garbage that I used to eat (pizza rules!) and since then has put on almost 70 lbs. He has another week of this weight-gain phase and then he's going to lose it all again. He said he's been training people for a long time, but he's never actually had to go through what they go through; he's just always been fit. I think this is awesome and I wish this guy all of the luck in the world. His weight-loss phase starts pretty soon and I can't wait to see his progress. His goal is to lose it all in the same 6 month time frame it took him to put it on, and if he can do it I know I can do it! I've made so much progress in the last year, and by the end of year 2 I want to be where my goals have put me.

Good luck dude!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment