Friday, November 11, 2011

Day: 6, Calories: 0, Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit


WorkoutInsanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Status: Completed
Done. Week 1 is done. My legs hurt so much. In fact, that's where 90% of today's problems came from.

I got started with the warmup, and despite being tired I managed to do alright. Those damn heismans though screwed with my legs. My quads ache! That was the only time I had to take breaks on the warmup.

The stretch went decent, but at that point I was really feeling the week's worth of work. Then came the actual workout. Overall I did decent on the first circuit. I couldn't handle the squats and opted for jumping jacks instead. Again, damn quads.

The second circuit I was struggling to survive. It wasn't a matter of cardio, it was endurance. My legs ached so bad, and going into squats for basketball shots, going up and down for level one drills, and bringing the legs in and out while in plank for side ab somethings and in and outs was painful. I took a lot of breaks and struggled my way through the end of this.

The punching at the end felt good since I could use my arms fine, and that was the end of week 1.

I still have SS tonight, but I really enjoy lifting and tomorrow is a day off!

I really hope by the end of next week my legs are used to all of the work. I know they'll be able to handle it eventually and then I can hold my own and get more cardio.

On the diet side I've done really well this week. Aside from a little Greek yogurt in a chicken salad I haven't had any dairy, and all fruits, veggie juice and nuts during the day with a little veggies, carbs and protein at night. Protein shakes after SS too. I think I'm seeing a little weightloss in the mid section but I can't be sure.

I'll let you know how tonight goes. Also my buddy Alex is in town and he wants to do a buffet tomorrow. Wish me luck with that too.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment