Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day: 3, Calories: 0, Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance


Log EntryDaily Note:
Last night was the first time I did Starting Strength during Insanity. We started with squats. I did 5x5 at 165. My legs were tired from the workout that morning, but surprisingly the squats went very well. I'll be adding 5 lbs on Wednesday. My roommate suggested on focus on my breathing more in squats, and to still have air to inhale when I get to the bottom. That's been helping my squats a lot. Hopefully I can get past some hurdles with this mindset on squats.

Shoulder press was next. I did 5x5 at 105. For some reason these feel a lot heavier than when I was doing 3 sets. I completed them and will be moving back up to 110 on friday, but for some reason I don't have the best feeling about shoulder press.

Last was chinups. My goal was 5x6 and that's what I did. All were good form. Straight up and straight down.

We finished with ab ripper. I think we'll be doing ab ripper after every SS workout. Should be fun.

That was last night. Today is Insanity (see below) and dinner with my beautiful girlfriend and homework.

WorkoutInsanity Cardio Power & Resistance
Status: Completed
Alright, today did not go as smoothly as yesterday. My calves feel very shot this morning, and unfortunately this workout has a lot of squats.

The warmup was a challenge with the power jacks and vertical jumps. Those are basically jumping jacks from a squat and jumping straight in the air respectively. Considering the calves, these were poor and forced me to take about 4 short breaks during the warmup. Each break was literally a rep, but it wasn't as good as yesterday which is a letdown.

Stretch went well. Then came the sets. Same problem as the warmup. This thing has squats all over the place. Power jumps (squats to a squat in the air), globe jumps and even touch the floors were very difficult. Painful, not tired hard. Well, maybe a little tired hard. All three of those weren't happening very well, so I chose to just jog in place so I'd still get cardio.

There's a lot of pushups in here too. I did a lot of pushups and all of them were strong and solid, but after lifting last night I didn't do as many as I'd have liked.

Overall I'll give today's workout a B. Not great, but not bad either. I can't wait for recovery tomorrow morning.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment