Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day: 50, Calories: 0, Martial Arts


WorkoutMartial Arts
Status: Completed
Today is the first day of a recovery week, and it's supposed to be a yoga day. I had to do homework all day, so my morning was shot, and then I got talked into a big lunch which got me into a nap. Long story short, by 5pm I still hadn't done yoga and had lost my entire drive. However, Mark came home and said he was going to do one of the Duke Roufus Muay Thai lessons, and I decided to do that instead. It turned into an hour long upper body muay Thai class, focusing on all of the standard punches. This got my blood flowing, and I really got to work on some good technique in my punches, especially my footwork.

When that was over, Mark said he'd never done the Bas Rutten CDs, and I needed to end on a strong note, so we popped in the Thai Boxing CD and did 4 rounds. We each got 2 rounds of shadow boxing and 2 rounds of the bag, and by the end we were both destroyed. It was a great end, especially since I got to work in the things I worked on in the Duke Roufis disk.

Not yoga, but a good workout. I'm supposed to get up early to do Core tomorrow, but I might do yoga in the morning and core at night. It'll be a game time call.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment