Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day: 31, P90X Back & Biceps


Log EntryDaily Note:
Took the Day 30 (120) pics and measurements this morning. Weights only one pound less than Day 90, but considering I'm coming off of the holidays I'm ok with that. The pictures look great though. I'd even go as far as saying a lot better than Day 90, and I was pretty stoked about those pics! I'm gonna wait until Day 180 to post any more pics, just like last time, but I'm pretty happy with the progress this round!

WorkoutP90X Back & Biceps
Status: Completed
Tonight's workout started rough. It was ice cold in the garage, and the heater took forever to get the place warm, so the first ten minutes were painful. Cold also gives me a headache, and today was no exception. Twenty minutes into it and one Excedrin as well, and I finished on a pretty strong note. My bicep numbers were all the same from Phase 3 of Round 1, and I actually rocked out a pretty solid number of actual pullups. My total gym pullup numbers went down a little, ya, but considering the real ones existed it completely makes up for it.

One weird thing, my lower back started to really hurt right around the chin ups. I took it easy from there on out so I wouldn't hurt myself, but the supermans at the end pretty much couldn't happen. I'm going to stretch tomorrow and hopefully it feels better.

Glad to have this workout in my routine again for another few weeks; I can't wait to see how my numbers increase!

WorkoutP90X Ab Ripper
Status: Completed
I don't know if it was the Excedrin, the fact that I pushed myself too hard in Back and Biceps or if it was just a long day and I was starving, but I was dizzy as Hell during this ab ripper, and it definitely showed in the final product. I had to take a lot more breaks than usual, and especially after the awesome ab ripper I had two days ago, I was pretty bummed I couldn't do as well today.

Also my lower back started feeling a little rough, just like in Back and Biceps, and that made a few of the exercises a little rough. The side rises towards the end were really rough!

That all said, I still did all 50 of the mason twists again; I still haven't missed that this whole round!

I'm exhausted and ready for a night of Mesquite chicken from Fresh and Easy, video games and a whole lot of couch! Yoga tomorrow and I really hope that helps my lower back out. I really need a stretch! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment