Friday, January 8, 2016

Wrapping up week 1

I'm back. Boom! Told you I wouldn't be posting every day, and I nailed it. Yesterday was a busy day between meetings and a lunch event, so no blog post. But here I am, blogging like nobody's blogged before.

Ya, in a weird mood today, if you couldn't tell from the opening paragraph.

Anyways, yesterday and today were not excellent workouts. Yesterday was Tabata Strength. Just like Tabata Power, except more strength than explosive. And my strength is pretty diminished these days. I'm going to give the workout a D+, because at the end of the it that's the grade I decided to give myself, and then I never blogged about it.

Today? Today was Friday Fight, and I lost the fight. Hey, it's the challenge workout, and it's the end of the first week. I didn't except to be that great anyways. This thing kicked my ass though. It's basically Pure Cardio from the old Insanity. I think there's one break in here, for thirty seconds, but other than that it's 30 minutes of 30 exercises, 1 minute each. But for me, it turned into 20 seconds of exercise, 20 seconds of flailing in a motion that somewhat resembled the actual exercise, and 20 seconds of huffing and puffing. The latter two increased in the second half of the workout.

I was dead this morning. It was another D+ workout (C-, maybe) but I did it. And I was still soaked after. Just gotta look for improvement in week 2.

Part of my goal for 8 weeks, no breaks, just for 8 weeks. So tomorrow, which normally isn't a workout, is another round of P90X3 The Challenge (so, chest and back). Should be fun.

Diet's going well. Portion control, no fried foods, no sweets. Had a salad for dinner last night. I have another one planned for lunch today. Some protein shakes (powdered peanut butter in coffee) and a bowl of oatmeal too. All good stuff. Even the luncheon yesterday, I had a scoop of mashed potatoes and a steak. Pretty healthy, and again, portions.

So ya, probably weighing myself on Monday. Wish me luck on that one. Have a great Friday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment