Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 2, I guess - I did Tabata Power today

Ya, the title's weird. Is today Day 2? It's the 5th day of the year, the 4th day of working out, the 2nd day of the official Insanity Max 30 schedule, and the second blog post. Screw it, titles are made up on the spot from here on out.

This morning, decent workout. Not great. Not bad either. Woke up groggy. Baby kept us both up. It happens. She also woke up in the perfect time for me to feed her. I'm totally cool with this, she just needs to wake up within +/- 15 minutes of 5:30am. She did. So I got her changed, got the bottle, and she and I sat in my office/gym watching Bloomberg News while she drank her bottle.

Side note - day trading is a goal hobby for 2016, but I want to learn a lot more before I open that door. Hence, Bloomberg. No, this wasn't the first day I've watched it. I've been studying for a few weeks. Especially after the big hit on Monday, though, I want to research a lot more. No time crunch.

Anyways, back to the mission at hand. Exercise. Baby finished her bottle, got strapped into her chair, and she watched me flail around with Tabata Power for 30 minutes. This is the first time I've done this workout, and overall I wasn't ready. My explosiveness and endurance are both out the window, not to mention my strength is super super lacking these days. All of those skills are what you need to get through this workout.

The warmup was good. Different than the other warmups, felt more like a quick wakeup than it did a normal Insanity warmup. The actual thing though, I guess I just got gassed quickly. It's on for 20 seconds, off for 10. Almost all of the exercises are strength/power related, like jump squats, jump/switch lunges, jumping pushups (just, jumping pushups), and overall I just wasn't ready. But I did my best. It ended up being a blend of the modifier exercises and the actual exercises. Slightly more modifier toward the end.

Hey, however it went, I was still pretty sweaty afterward. Having the baby in the room (who fell asleep in the second half....lazy bum!) helped me stay on track a bit. Remember, this is about being a role model for her, so if that's what it takes to squeeze out that extra 1 or 2 reps (and believe me, it was hard enough to get that many more) then that's what it takes.

Nutrition today has been decent. It would have been great (protein shake for breakfast, black coffee, granola bar for snack and tuna salad for lunch, so far...) except it was my boss's birthday and I indulged with peanut butter pie. Just gotta keep it clean the rest of the day.

Spanish practice at lunch was good. Learned a bit more, refreshed some skills. Also I finished my book, Raving Fans by Ken Blanchard. Excellent read, I'd definitely recommend it for anyone with customers (which, admittedly, is everyone). That's one book down for the month. One more to go, even though I'm thinking a third this month might be in order considering we're still only 5 days into the month/year.

Alright, that's enough fat-free-jew ramble for the day. Talk at you soon Internet world!

No comments:

Post a Comment