Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ups and Downs

The title made me laugh. I'm super clever. You'll get why soon.

Yesterday was the third day off of the three day weekend, and it was Cardio Challenge day. Baby let us sleep in very well, so I went into the workout feeling very good and rested. And I proceeded to blow this workout out of the water! By far my best Cardio Challenge workout of the three weeks I've done it. Possibly my best workout of the program so far. I felt awesome!

I drank my protein shake, which did not include coffee since it was already late in the day and I felt pretty rested. And then I went to weigh myself.

Goal for the day was 229.9. I clocked in at 227.4!!!!! Holy crap! I was blown away and felt super super proud of myself, especially considering Sunday night wasn't the healthiest night (we had friends over, there was tiramisu and french fries).

Well, this makes the Wednesday goal 226.9. Cool, seems like an excellent goal.

Now there's today. Today was Tabata Power. I do not like this workout. Insanity does Cardio very well. Strength and Power, I don't know, it's just now how I want to do Strength and Power. And Power, today, was just not there. I'm giving today's workout a D. D+, maybe, but D-range for sure. Not good, not good.

Got out of the workout feeling pretty meh about the whole thing, and then I got on the scale.

230.

230!!! What the actual F?!

The good news? Today's not an official check in day on weight, so I haven't missed a goal yet. The bad news? I have more than 3 lbs to lose by tomorrow. Weight fluctuates a lot, I get it. But I have a goal and damn right I'm going to hit it!

So today I'm eating salads and bananas and not much else. I'm not starving myself, but strict diet today. I cheated yesterday with a Del Taco burrito (the $1 chicken burrito, just one, I thought it'd be a good snack) and I wonder how much that impacted me. I'm going to go for my walk at lunch, might try to do a 45-minute instead of the usual 30, and since today's workout wasn't too excellent I might try to get the 15-minute Max 30 workout in as well when I get home. I also have Max 30 Sweat tomorrow morning, which I'll do before my weigh in.

So ya, I can totally hit the goal tomorrow, but I've got some work ahead of me.

Still good on the Spanish front. I might have to do today's Spanish tonight so I can get the extra walking time in today, but all good.

Also starting to put some meat to the next workout calendar. I started a draft of the calendar, 6 weeks, bookended by cardio-focused recovery weeks. I want those to be really strong weeks still, but no Insanity. I was looking through my DVDs and found an interesting 30-minute Upper Body workout in Les Mills Combat that I think is going to work its way in to the actual program, and I have a few other plans too. Also considering a 4-week all martial arts stint after that's all done, but that's a ways away and don't want to put too much thought into that just yet.

Well, that's where I'm at. Not feeling great about my results today, but tomorrow's another day. I'll let you know how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment