Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Weird Wednesday, Weird Week

I wanted to get today's blog post out of the way, mainly because I'm still waking up (three hours later) and writing helps me wake up. Also mainly because today is a weird success/failure combo, and it's not even 8:30. Lots of mainlys.

So, intrepid reader, you probably saw yesterday that I was WAY off from my goal for today as of Tuesday morning. On Monday I was shooting for 229.9 and got to 227.4, so major overshoot, with a goal of 226.9 today. But I was at 230 yesterday, which meant I had a lot of work to do. I also didn't have a great workout yesterday morning.

K, you're caught up. Now, the checkins. After seeing the numbers yesterday, I did a 45-minute lunch walk (v. my normal 30ish minutes), and when I got home I also did the 15-minute Max 30 workout. I crushed that workout, it was absolutely awesome. Also that's a really cool workout that will definitely be making its way into future mixes. I really liked it.

Anyways, that was yesterday. I kept the diet healthy, good salad for dinner, good salad for lunch, etc.

This morning was Sweat Intervals. Thanks to my weird schedule and the inclusion of Sweat Fest, I haven't done this workout since Week 1. I've gotta say, it's awesome. It's basically the same format as Cardio Challenge, but with different moves. Hey, if you go back two days ago you'll see I loved Cardio Challenge, so no reason I wouldn't love today's too. It's a really great workout. And on top of that, I did really great! My muscles were a little sore from yesterday's two or three workouts (however you want to look at it), and I was a little tired from a baby who refused to sleep more than a full hour last night, but I was pretty damn stoked with myself overall. I'm giving this a solid B+ for the day.

So that brings us into the weigh in. I clocked in at......

227.4!!!

So, super mixed reviews about this weight, and this is why I used the title I did (see above). I majorly overshot on Monday, then proceeded to eat Del Taco (not a lot, just one little $1 burrito, but it's haunting me now) and then gained back more than 2.5 lbs. Even without the Del Taco, there's a chance Monday was a fluke and that made my 226.9 goal a little too ambitious. So, all-in-all, this was the best number I could have achieved without actually losing weight. I'm still a lot lower today than I thought I'd be a week ago, but I also missed a goal and feel pretty lame about that.

So, back to 226.9 for Friday. Good news, I don't need a new post-it on my phone. Sigh, the joys of weight loss tracking.

Tomorrow is the Strength workout, which I'm not looking forward to, just because at this point I'd rather do cardio. But, I'm not going to amend the schedule, so it is what it is. I can do more cardio after my current 8-week challenge is done.

I'll let you know how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment