Thursday, January 28, 2016

An unofficial step back today

K, first off, sorry my blog posts this week have all been one paragraph. I somehow had it set to HTML. Not going back to change it, so, ya...

Anyways, today I somehow took a step back. Despite clocking in at 223 yesterday, and sticking to a decent diet yesterday, I clocked in at 226.0 this morning. I'm not too disappointed, more-so amused how fickle weight loss is. But I have goals for a reason, so I'm not 100% ok with this either.

Good news? Today's not an official weigh in day. Goal for tomorrow remains at 222.5, and that's what I'm shooting for. I think I'm eating too much fruit right now too, that's entirely what I snack on, so I'm going to limit myself today on that. No starving myself, there'll be none of that, but if I'm starving I'm going to try to find a protein snack (probably the protein powder I have) instead of another orange.

So, workout talk. Yesterday's walk was decent, but not my best. Just didn't feel as long or taxing as I usually do. Hoping to make that up today.

Today's workout was Tabata Strength. I stand by, I don't like the non-cardio workouts in this program. There's also a chance I'm just always tired after cardio days, which these all occur on, but I'm preferring to think it's just a preference thing. Anyways, today I pushed and did what I could. By far, this was not my best workout, but it wasn't terrible either. I definitely got a sweat on. This is also the last time I see this workout, potentially ever, so that's nice.

Also today was the first time I noticed there's no break in this workout. Like, none at all. Just recovery moves. Not sure how it took me four weeks to notice that. Hmm.

I'm excited for tomorrow. It's the last time I see Friday Fight Round 1 in my current program. I have it coming up again in consecutive programs, but that's its own story. I really dig that workout, and it's an awesome way to challenge myself to end the week. The bad news? Tomorrow I have an early work event to attend, which means I'm planning to wake up in the 4:45 time frame. Just gotta get to bed early tonight I guess.

Spanish slowly trucking along. No real updates in that arena.

Family's doing well. Baby turned 6 months this week. Poor thing had 6-month shots and she was up all night sounding like she was uncomfortable. She joined me in the gym this morning which I think made her happy. She gets super excited watching me and Shaun T jump around.

Wife's also doing her own fitness program. I'm super proud of her. She's mostly doing walks and changing diet (she's doing lots of salads with me), but it seems to be working for her. She's not doing Insanity, but I'll be the first to admit Insanity isn't for everyone. The family is getting healthy! Gotta set an example for the next generation, ya know?

Ok, that's my story. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment